New refugium, help I am killing chaeto!

How many of you have the fug after the skimmer?
How many have split the line from the overflow so the fug get a separate supply of tank water?
Also,not sure why anybody would run the fug light during the daylight hours for the DT.I've read many articles and threads stating that running the fug light at a reverse cycle to the DT helps with PH.

My skimmer is in the fuge, so it is not separate and the only reason I run my lights same as DT is because it is in my bedroom and the fuge is beside my tank due to space constraints under the stand. I need to get some sleep :eek:...

Cheato needs nutrients in the form of nitrates and phosphates (fertilizer), light, and flow.

ONE of them is missing or in short supply.....you need to figure out which it is.

If it IS nitrate/phosphate that is in a scarce state....I wouldn't add them ;)

Can't add much here except that I had pretty good growth of my cheato until I upgraded my skimmer to an Octo Extreme 160. Since upgrading my cheato growth has slowed and I attribute it to the upgrade in the skimmer. It's doing a much better job than the old skimmer and keeping the nutrients lower...

I've never read anything about Iron supplements helping chaeto grow.But things change rather quickly in this hobby.

I've never heard about this as well... I'm not a fan of the "muds" for refugiums... I currently have no substrate in my "fuge" because of space issues but if I did have the space I'd do sand...

My skimmer is in the fuge, so it is not separate and the only reason I run my lights same as DT is because it is in my bedroom and the fuge is beside my tank due to space constraints under the stand. I need to get some sleep :eek:...

No gain without sacrifice! Just think how much better the tank would be if you did sacrifice :p

Back