New return pump. How should I plumb it? Pictures of yours for help?

MPevine11

my own mini ocean
Just got tunze silence 1073.020_A return pump, the output looks like I can use 2 diffrent size of flexible tubing as an output.(not sure what the sizes are tho)

How should I plumb this into my tank? Any pictures of what you guys did? Should I use the larger or smaller size?

(Currently I have a mag 5 and it's hard plumbed up into the display.)

I chopped off the top part of my adapter for maximum water flow and attached a 1" flex tubing that I then connected to 1" PVC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will use the larger size flexible tubing. Tubing size does matter. Smaller tubing reduce flow and give more back pressure to pump.

depends on head pressure rating of pump . using the larger size will give you more options but put a gate or ball vale in line so you can tune it to your overflows capacity . restricting the outflow of a pump is no big deal as long as its rated . its when you don't have enough on the suction side that will do bad things . its a pluss to have some flex tubing in line to reduce noise . but I am guessing there is a thread on the pump , I would hard plumb it abouve where it may get wet then use flex tubing and hose clamps .

The pump had adjustable flow rate built in. How should I get it over the top of the tank? 3 PVC 90,s?

Get flex tube and you'd only need 2 90's maybe one of your using loc line. Here's a quick mock up of what you'd use and you could get a step up piece to go straight from the pump to the flex line.
Threaded to slip

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413803909957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413803909957.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 140
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413804141022.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413804141022.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 137
they sell return nozzles for going over the back of the tank. basically a plastic U shaped pipe with a adjust return flow nozzle on the end of it. This is probably your best option like $5-10 dollars

Back