New to forum, picture posting question

Rhodydvm

Non-member
Hi all. I've been lurking for a while and ready to start asking for some help, posting a build thread with pics for my first SW reef tank. Having trouble figuring out how to post pics. I use tapatalk and when I copy img info from photobucket I just see text but not the photo - once I submit the post will the image actually appear or is there a better way to so this? Sorry if this has been asked but I've searched for a previous thread and not found ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's much easier posting from a desktop rather than through your phone.
Hang on, I'll paste some help below:

You can post those pics right in your thread. All you need is a little bulletin board knowledge.
This bit of code * (don't use the asterisk, I put it there so it wouldn't be recognized as code) is the start of the picture coding. Right after you type that, paste in the url where the picture is located on Photobucket. Use the "Direct" link they show. Click on their "Direct" link and you'll automatically copy the URL. Paste it here after the *[img] code. It will look like this:
*[img]URL of the picture on Photobucket

Then all you need to do is end your image code with a * (remember, don't use the asterisk). The slash means "end of code" to the bulletin board. It gets typed right after that URL you pasted from Photobucket. So now you'll have:
(remember, don't type the 2 asterisks there)
Think of the *
as the start and stop switches for image coding. Paste the location of the image you want in between, and you're golden.

Welcome Aboard! Check out the forum header often for local meetings, speakers and DIY events.

Hopefully we will see you around.

Good Luck! With your build.

Hi Rhodydvm,

Welcome aboard :D

I'm trying to get a few illustrated instructions for you to see how to properly upload a picture using an outside photo company like photobucket. Hang in there I'll get it up here as soon as I can

Back