New to the area, from Miami, FL

MiamiPete

Non-member
Hi all~
I just got stationed up in Boston and am living in Cranston while looking for a house up there, probably in 6 months or so. I am purchasing a Red Sea 250 today, as a temp tank to house some coral I brought up from Miami. I will try and post some pics when it's all set up...I'm looking forward to meeting some of you, and learning what I can. I had a 72 gallon down in Miami, established for about 3 years, before I had to basically give it away.....ugh....anyway....See you soon!

Welcome to New England and BRS.

The RedSea Max 250 is a great tank. Good luck, and let us know if you have any questions. :)

Same here, Jet33, technorch and I are all very close myself residing in Cranston too. Let me know if you need anything as well

Awesome! Really feeling the love here. So a friend of mine, also sells corals down in Miami, is holding onto for me. She is going to ship it once my tank is somewhat established. I got some Zoas and chalices from another member this weekend and I may have prematurely put them in. They're adjusting to some really clean water. We'll see how it goes. They're some really good ones, and i definitely don't want to lose them.
Here's a few questions....
Where's the best LFS?
Anyone selling corals out of their houses?
Why is saltwater $1.25 a gallon up here!?!? Lol.

Best fish store (most expensive for live stock but A+ grade quality) is something fishy on jefferson blvd in Warwick Ri.

Most conveniant fish store (sometimes has bad coral and ich but can get some nice ones for a steal) is the Fish Bowl in West warwick RI

Why is saltwater $1.25 a gallon? Hmm RI sucks and will take all of your money on virtually every front haha

Something fishy is very, very overpriced. They do have some nice and healthy fish

Fish bowl...it always smells like death in there. I avoid that store at all costs.

Critter hut in NK gets some very nice livestock here and there. They are well priced and offer discount on new arrivals.

Sea Creatures in N Providence gets some nice livestock and are very well priced. Downside is that you have to be there when they arrive usually on Thursday night.

I used to pay $0.50 per gallon years ago when I started. Getting my own ro/di was the best investment ever in this hobby for me.

Back