ocean revive arctic t247

gardnerkr

Non-member
hi i have a 24 gallon saltwater tank with a goby, conch snail, and some anemones (toadstool, carpet, duncan coral, zoas). i recently got the ocean revive arctic t247 light and im not sure what time is the best time to turn on each light. right now i have it set from 9 am to 9 pm with the light intensity as 85. i only just figured out how to turn on the blue light but im not sure what time to turn it on and off. i also have a clear algae problem that im not sure how to get rid of. ive been treating it with the algaefix for a couple months which got rid of it for the most part but then it started to come back. im sort of a beginner so any help would be much appreciated.

I have been running these same lights for over 2 years. My Blues are set at 100% from 8am to 8pm and white is 15% and they come on at 11am and turn off at 6pm. This works well for me. I have a mix of SPS and LPS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 208
That looks like “white slime bacteria”.

One of my previous tanks had that white slime. It went away when I moved and the other half stopped using glade plugins and air fresheners.

In regards to the algae problem how long has the tank been set up? Have you tested nitrates and phosphates? You mentioned your were a beginner and my first thought about the algae is it's probably just normal algae from being such a new tank.

That looks like “white slime bacteria”.

One of my previous tanks had that white slime. It went away when I moved and the other half stopped using glade plugins and air fresheners.
i used to use air fresheners and plugins and after that is when they started coming back so ill make sure not to use them anymore. thank u sm!

In regards to the algae problem how long has the tank been set up? Have you tested nitrates and phosphates? You mentioned your were a beginner and my first thought about the algae is it's probably just normal algae from being such a new tank.
ive had my tank for about a year and the algae came back about 2 months ago. i did a test strip and it said everything is ideal. when i have time im going to my local fish store and getting a liquid tester.

Back