October PAR crazy meeting Saturday Oct 27th!!!

More great news for the meeting!!!

We will be giving away a few tickets to CMAC conference that will be happening the following day at Mohegan Sun. We will be giving away a free raffle ticket to all members who show us your membership card or new members who sign up at the meeting. These tickets will go in a separate raffle tub to be raffled off at the end of the meeting. If you can't make the conference on Sunday please refrain from getting a ticket so only those that are able to go can win...

Details of the Conference are here http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?125998-Cmac-2012

Besides auctioning off some CMAC tickets at the meeting CMAC has given us the ok to sell discounted tickets at the meeting!!! In case you missed out on the $20 tickets before the price went up as of yesterday/today don't worry. We'll have tickets to sell at the meeting :-D So bring your money and we'll exchange it for a nice CMAC ticket :cool:

I want nothing more than to attend the meeting on Saturday but I do have to work I just want to make sure am I going to be able to purchase tickets at the door because Sunday I am definitely going to the conference

I want nothing more than to attend the meeting on Saturday but I do have to work I just want to make sure am I going to be able to purchase tickets at the door because Sunday I am definitely going to the conference

Yes, tickets will be sold at the door at full admission price of $30

Who doesn't like gift certificates :)

Let's add some Air, Water, and Ice gift certificates to the raffle.

AWI Banner.gif

I always wanted to go to one of our meetings. Never been able to make it since I joined the club in 2007.

The week I tell my self that I will finally go, my fiance goes into early labor!!! I have been at Melrose Hospital since last night.

Hopefully "Natalie" won't take too much longer to be here and I can still keep my plans of making the meeting this time!

PS: This is my first kid. And all the previous meetings I have missed weren't all because I was having a baby!!! :D Imagine that? Since 2007!!!? ::

Last edited:
Set up a webcam in the hospital lol you can attend via WiFi. Hahaha. Congrats on the baby btw.
These raffles items are looking good to me :-D

Yeah name tags only go so far. Helps for people to recognize faces though IDK how many people have actually met me before? Quite a bit at the last Taunton meeting.

I'll be this guy...
12645_1167585542416_1834209_n.jpg

Hahaha

I always wanted to go to one of our meetings. Never been able to make it since I joined the club in 2007.

The week I tell my self that I will finally go, my fiance goes into early labor!!! I have been at Melrose Hospital since last night.

Hopefully "Natalie" won't take too much longer to be here and I can still keep my plans of making the meeting this time!

PS: This is my first kid. And all the previous meetings I have missed weren't all because I was having a baby!!! :D Imagine that? Since 2007!!!? ::

kinda funny im not going to make it to this meeting bc our baby is due any day now. did u have the baby yet ?? boy or girl

With Paul(ReefKeeper2) permission I am posting the following pictures of the tank tour after this past members meeting. Sorry for the quality as they do not do the tank any justice. I wish I could have captured the entire room in this photo, but maybe that will be on the next Iphone(get it).

This tank is situated in the middle of a huge sun room filled with sky lights and plants. Just imagine your own little oasis of solitude.

Paul, thank you for opening your home to the members and letting us enjoy your little piece of the ocean.

I will just say this. I could have sat there all night and stared at the tank. Who needs to watch TV.

Full Shot of Tank (does the tank and the room no justice) President Dave sneaking in the picture on the left trying to steal the lime light-kidding.
View attachment 82057
Front Left Sea Cubumber. The finger is for comparison. I have small hands.
PaulReefkeeper2tank.JPG
Back Left where the Gobie twins live.
View attachment 82060
Front Left you can see the tail of one of the two triggers that inhabit the tank.
View attachment 82059

Last edited:
Another great meeting. Got to hear Marc present twice this weekend.

Here's a couple pics of the faux urchin headpiece. Yes Nicole, I did wear it, seems no one got a picture though. :)

10272012OctMeeting1.jpg

10272012OctMeeting2.jpg

10272012OctMeeting3.jpg

Are those two gobies hosting the same cave? If so that's awesome!
I didn't know he was having another tank viewing after the meeting! Oiii I always miss things. Why am I so far from the pulse?

I very much appreciated the iPhone joke too btw, hahaha. (I'm an Android user.)

Back