odd behavior

stewball

Non-member
hey all. i lost power for a while. no heat no pumps. i looked in and my engineer goby was swimming around without a care in the world even when i was next to the tank moving. i usually only see it when im feeding and never all the way out of a hidey hole. i got some good pictures of it. im curious as to why. any ideas. tank was at 68 deg.

I am pretty sure it probably had to do with the low temp and no circulation. How is the tank now (power on, tank temp)?
What corals do you have in the tank and what is happening to them?

good to hear , at that low a temp the fish and the coral will certainly stress out depending how fast you bring it back up is what matters there . too fast and things die . But over the course of say 36 hours , they will hardly notice . now the other way around say to 85 degrees , things go sour fast .

good to hear , at that low a temp the fish and the coral will certainly stress out depending how fast you bring it back up is what matters there . too fast and things die . But over the course of say 36 hours , they will hardly notice . now the other way around say to 85 degrees , things go sour fast .

^ Agreed. Good to hear things ended up ok!

Back