Pacific pigmy angel reef safe?

SilverWolf229

Non-member
I seen one of these and was going to order one thinking it would be perfect size for my tank. The more I research it the more confused I get. One says yes it is then others warn not to put in reef tank. Anyone have one or have experience with them? the one Im looking into is all blue with an orange face. Any info would help.

Thanks

I had a C. argi (pygmy dwarf angel) in a 45g FOWLR for quite a while. Did well with the other fish (jawfish, clown, royal gramma, neon goby) - was the last added. Great personality. I love angels in general.

None of the dwarf angels are entirely reef safe - depends on the individual fish. And some are fine for years before chowing on your reef. The "pygmy" dwarfs like that are typically less likely to be coral nippers. You have to decide whether it is worth the risk in your tank. They also tend to be more aggressive than the larger dwarfs. You'd most likely want to add it last.

They are 'generally' reef safe, but there are no guarantees. I've had no problems with them in the past in my own systems.

Very active beautiful fish. Not reef safe & aggressive. I had one in my 36. Nipped at gsp, colt coral, acans, candy cane & zoas. Harrassed most of my fish. I struggled with the decision to remove him from my tank

They are 'generally' reef safe, but there are no guarantees. I've had no problems with them in the past in my own systems.

Says the guy with a Orange spotted filefish in his tank :D

But they are hit or miss I have had some that are fine and some that are not

Back