Pest nem id please

mind

Non-member
I added a frag to my tank (first in 6 months) and a month later, these started showing up and they are now spreading. Any idea what they are and how to eradicate them?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• PXL_20211220_173817961_2.jpg
    PXL_20211220_173817961_2.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 239
Looks like Aptasia to me. I've seen Aptasia of a few different colors over the years. There's a few products that can get rid of them but, I've had the best success removing them with Berghia Nudibranchs. They're kind of expensive but, they worked perfectly! Good luck!

I bought 4 for a 100gal tank... they have not touched them in two weeks.
You got the deadbeat shrimp than lol. Are you 100% sure they are peppermint? There is a lot of look-a-likes that don’t eat aptasia.

Well, the same LFS store that sold me the frag's with the hitchhiking nem's.... Sold me the shrimp...

So there are no guarantees they are the right ones!!!

I bought 4 for a 100gal tank... they have not touched them in two weeks.
I would go for 6-8 for a tank that big. They are not a guarantee. They have worked for me in the past. I also did the Berghis and they did a awesome on the leftovers from the peppermints. Prblems are sometimes they are in a spot that you cant get to. Like your overflo Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Also tried bergia nudis (been in the tank for two weeks) and saw no difference.... Now trying a filefish, but it does not seem interested in them..... Ideas?

Also tried bergia nudis (been in the tank for two weeks) and saw no difference.... Now trying a filefish, but it does not seem interested in them..... Ideas?
How may berghias? Also, you really won't see a difference in two weeks, more like months.

Back