Petco online tanks sale 40B and 55 and 1$ gallon on smaller tanks extended

gobyvin

Non-member
Buy online and pickup in store and get 1/2 off 40B and 55 right now plus extra 10% with promo code on their site.
Just noticed it, and bought a 40 B two weeks ago for 99...
crapper.

Isn’t there a law that if you buy something and it goes on sale in a certain amount of time after full price purchase you get the sale price?

The online agent just said I can get a refund for difference within 14 days of any online price match, so I take it this means any price match from any vendor that you find it cheaper at that they do the price match with. Headed to Petco now for my 50 bucks!!!

Lol my mother told me about this law probrably 20 yrs ago. I’m guessing it’s a law...
LOL people say the Earth is flat. Your "guess" is wrong. It's not a law.

Here is the state website regarding consumer shopping rights:

"Contrary to popular belief, there is no set law about return policies in Massachusetts. As long as a product is not defective, a store can have any return policy they want so long as it is clearly disclosed somewhere in the store and you have a chance to read it before buying your product. Defective merchandise must be accepted for return, regardless of any policy, and you must be given the option of a repair, replacement item, or refund of the price. "

• Sale: For the term “sale” to be used in an ad when the actual savings are not stated, the law requires the savings to be at least 10% for items regularly priced $200 or less, and at least 5% for items over $200. If you buy an item at the regular price and it goes on sale soon after, there is no law requiring the store to refund the difference in price. However, many stores will give you a refund out of good will."

https://www.mass.gov/guides/a-massachusetts-consumer-guide-to-shopping-rights

But if you can find anything at all to prove you are correct - other than the absurd reason that "your mom told you 20 years ago" - please do so. And I will apologize and eat my shirt.

Not every credit card has this and it usually is a HUGE hassle and takes weeks, if not months to get done.
I have 8 cards and 6 of them have it. It is less if a hassle then bringing the tank back just to buy it again.

What's your solution?

Ok
I have 8 cards and 6 of them have it. It is less if a hassle then bringing the tank back just to buy it again.

What's your solution?

What's my solution?

Like I said in my first post - which was the first response in this thread - go to the store and buy another one. Then walk right in with the original receipt (at the higher cost) and return it. And usually you won't have to even do that - the store will often refund the difference, as the OP already stated the store is doing.

As far as the hassle goes, that is up to the OP to decide what is a bigger hassle. I simply stated the facts that the card companies make it a hassle to get this done and it takes a long time.

"I have 8 cards and 6 of them have it. It is less if a hassle then bringing the tank back just to buy it again. "

This proves my point. Not every credit card has price protection. Did you even ask whether the OP used a credit card? No. He never said where the original purchase was made (in-store or online), nor what payment method they used.

I never said your option wasn't a possible solution. I just stated the fact that credit card companies take a long time and hassle to do it, and that going to the store might be faster and/or easier.

Last edited:
Lol some people do say the earth is flat and some say if you have nothing good to say don’t say it at all, as you have so eloquently proven. I appreciate your input on the matter. Thanks for your outstanding research and pointing out how my “guess” was wrong. Ahhh the false sense of power of being right and proving someone else wrong must be exhilarating to someone like you. Well done sir.
No need to apologize, the insight I have gotten into the relationship with you and your mom/women from your response is quite evident and satisfactory enough. As for the urge you have for eating your shirt, don’t let the absurd reasoning for an apology from me or from you stop you. Feel free to do so, and actually for the record I’d be quite happy to assist you in quelling that urge. ;)

Lol some people do say the earth is flat and some say if you have nothing good to say don’t say it at all, as you have so eloquently proven. I appreciate your input on the matter. Thanks for your outstanding research and pointing out how my “guess” was wrong. Ahhh the false sense of power of being right and proving someone else wrong must be exhilarating to someone like you. Well done sir.
No need to apologize, the insight I have gotten into the relationship with you and your mom/women from your response is quite evident and satisfactory enough. As for the urge you have for eating your shirt, don’t let the absurd reasoning for an apology from me or from you stop you. Feel free to do so, and actually for the record I’d be quite happy to assist you in quelling that urge. ;)

Let's recap:

1) You asked a question of whether there was a law for price protection. When someone poses something as a question, usually it means they don't know the answer. Or they are asking rhetorically, which usually doesn't come across well in text on the internet.

2) I answered what I thought was your genuine question.

3) You respond to my question by saying "LOL" and then contradicting what I said, with no evidence other than "your mom told you 20 years ago."

Given the way your responded and the conversation, most people would take your response as confrontational.

4) So I responded with a similarly snarky tone to you, provided evidence that you don't know what you are talking about, and even left open the possibility I could be wrong, despite giving you the link to the state consumer protection website.

5) After you get snarky with me and I respond in kind, now you play the victim. Pathetic.

6) You know nothing of my relationship with any women, just like you know nothing of consumer law.

7) I love your implicit threat at the end. Maybe message some members and learn about me before you go too far though.

Does anyone know if you can drill the petco 10 and 20 gallon tanks ??
Is it the Aqueon brand? If so, this is what the website says:

"Aqueon Glass Aquariums Tempered vs. Non Tempered: Due to glass availability, Central Aquatics may temporarily substitute regular or non-tempered glass panels with tempered glass panels. Anytime a glass substitution is made, a sticker will be adhered to the aquarium bottom as a precaution to the end user. Please Note: Any aquarium that is altered in any way (i.e. - drilled, attempted to be drilled, the center brace removed) by an individual outside of Central Aquatics, will deem the warranty null and void. "

Back