Phosban reactor question

I just got a phosban reactor for my 10g because I can't rid myself of diatoms, I am using ro/di with little to no tds. I don't want to run all 150 grams of phosban at once because that is 15 times as much as I should use. I was thinking of only using like 10-20ish grams at a time in the reactor. Now my question is would this be too little in the reactor to create too much motion causing the phosban to turn to dust, or should I just run all 150 grams and hope for the best?

diatoms are normally caused by silicates not phosphates.i am not sure that phosban will remove silicates.If you are going to use it definitely go with an extremely small dose in fact 1/3 the recommended dose.Personally i would think water changes would be the safer option on a 10 gallon,phosban is serious stuff especially if you have some nutient loving corals in your system.
Mushrooms,softies etc will not appreciate the rapid drop in nutrients(that is providing the phosphates are there in the 1st place.
What type of sand did you use,are your DI filters fresh?

Yeah, from what I've been reading i don't want to have the chance of loosing anything from the sudden drops. I think I will just run it as a carbon/purigen reactor. I think my cause could be from either my sand which I asked about in the another thread, or my ro and di filters which I just found out were showing some tds, so they will be changed this week.

Back