Plumbing help?

ileas

Non-member
Hi guys, first time doing my own plumbing on a used setup. So the current usa return pump I got w the setup has a fitting for a 3/4” ID tubing but my problem is at the bulkhead return nozzle. As you can see in the pics the tube doesn’t fit but I’m not sure what to do. If I get a bigger spigot, then I don’t think I’ll be able to find a threaded piece that will still fit the bulkhead no?
4BEB3CD1-8472-43DB-AAE1-67EF3CE4B82C.jpeg
045805C3-524E-4E72-80F4-77245904C0CF.jpeg

You can either use that adapter or buy a new threaded elbow with the 3/4 barb

You can either use that adapter or buy a new threaded elbow with the 3/4 barb
ah perfect, you think they have those at home depot? Trying to get this thing filled the next few days and would rather not wait a week longer lol

I don’t know. It depends on what it connects to.
Do you know the size on the threaded side of that adapter? Is it 3/4” male threaded to 1/2” barb? If that’s what you got right now, I’m order for it to work with your 3/4” pump, you’ll need a 3/4” male threaded to 3/4” barb.

I'm pretty sure you'll find the same blue fittings available at Home Depot. I would be sure to use 3/4" all the way through and NOT choke it with what's in your hand in the pic. It looks like you have a 3/4"PVC reducer to a 1/2" elbow. Get a 3/4NPT x 3/4" barb fitting. They're near the lawn irrigation polyethylene pipe.

I don’t know. It depends on what it connects to.
Do you know the size on the threaded side of that adapter? Is it 3/4” male threaded to 1/2” barb? If that’s what you got right now, I’m order for it to work with your 3/4” pump, you’ll need a 3/4” male threaded to 3/4” barb.
right, likewise all my return lines are 3/4" too. I know a good bit regarding the mechanics but am honestly clueless on plumbing parts lol

right, likewise all my return lines are 3/4" too. I know a good bit regarding the mechanics but am honestly clueless on plumbing parts lol
What kind of pump you have?
The easiest solution is to just change out the adapter at the pump. Many pumps will come with different size fitting. If you can find the 1/2”, that’s the easiest.
I’m not sure you’ll be able to find the 90deg bulkhead with barb easily. These usually come with AIO tank. I searched BRS and didn’t see any.

Unless I'm missing something that isn't a bulkhead in his pic. It looks to me be a 90 elbow going into a bulkhead, but I assume the bulkhead is still in his tank and he has a 3/4" female NPT thread to connect his pump to.

#confused....lol

Unless I'm missing something that isn't a bulkhead in his pic. It looks to me be a 90 elbow going into a bulkhead, but I assume the bulkhead is still in his tank and he has a 3/4" female NPT thread to connect his pump to.

#confused....lol
I bought that piece at Home Depot you suggested and it fits perfectly! Might have to put that thread tape on it to be sure but it screws in all the way

What kind of pump you have?
The easiest solution is to just change out the adapter at the pump. Many pumps will come with different size fitting. If you can find the 1/2”, that’s the easiest.
I’m not sure you’ll be able to find the 90deg bulkhead with barb easily. These usually come with AIO tank. I searched BRS and didn’t see any.
Let me show you a picture later to get your opinion. I’m curious

#confused....lol
In the initial picture, It appears to be a 3/4x1/2” reducer with a 1/2” thread x barb elbow screwed into it (if that makes any sense?). This would then screw into the 3/4” bulkhead.

Glad it fits. Hopefully the teflon tape works for you but be sure to use lots of it.....like an extra turn or two. PCV threads are anything but precise and warpage is common. This fact leads to many recommending the use of teflon paste or any type of "Rector seal" brand sealers. Sometimes the little voids in the mating of PVC is more than tape alone can handle. Best of luck with your setup!

Back