Poll of the Day: Temperature

What Temp Do You Maintain In Your Tank(s)?

• Under 75 Degrees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75 Degrees

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 76 Degrees

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 77 Degrees

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • 78 Degrees

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • 79 Degrees

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • 80 Degrees

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 81 Degrees and Higher

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef IG/GreatBeardedReef
Staff member
BRS Member
Officer
Comment below at what temperature you keep your aquariums and why you choose that temp.

Today's poll idea brought by another member. If you have an idea send me a PM and we'll run it.

Chris A.

Formally toomanyfish
BRS Member
Officer
77 for a few reasons
First I run mh and if my ac gets shut off in the summer my tank will definitely heat up.
Secondly most bacteria/pathogens reproduce quicker at higher temperatures.
Lastly higher temperatures also reduce oxygen levels in the tank and can be a problem quickly in a small tank if the power goes out.

CAPSLOCK

Staff member
Mine is set to 76. May dip to 75 in winter. Gets higher in summer - usually rides around 78.
Actually, the aquarium is frequently why I turn on my AC instead of having windows / breeze. If the tank gets above 80 it's AC time.

Reefer508

BRS Member
I Try and keep it at 78 but I am thinking about bumping it up to 79.5, so when the real hot weather hits and the ac's have a hard time keeping up it wont be a sudden spike. Usually hits 80 in the summer and stays there even with room ac set to 70. Wish I had central AC. I'll try and raise it .3-.5 a week.

jcherepo

BRS Member
I have been keeping mine between 78-79. Recently changed to 77 due to some articles I have been reading. Ironically have seen a drop off in some algae growth and an increase in SPS growth. Way too many variables to suggest this was due to a 1 or 2 degree change in temp, but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

Sunday September 22, 2019
Fragtastic Show
12 to 4 pm
Leominster Eagles
456 Litchfield Street
Leominster, MA

Sponsors

Unique Aquaria
Mofo Corals
Acro Garden