Pop eye?

kotu100

You've been Ric'd
hey everyone, a few weeks ago i got some PJ cardinals from this place in CT.
a couple days ago i noticed one had popeye, now today my 6" blue hippo tang has pop eye as well.
what can i use to treat this? anything i can just put in the tank? i dont think i'll be able to take the tang out without destroying the tank.

I have an Anthias which I've had for years recently have the same issue. There is nothing that can really be done but to wait it out. The eye got huge, then slowly went back to normal size. The fish continued to eat the whole time. Took about 2 weeks to run its course, and it never spread to any other fish in the system.

From what I have read it can be; bacterial, fungal, parasites, or gas bubble related. I had an issue with a clown and PRIMAFIX or MELAFIX were recommended.. Primafix is a reef safe bacterial treatment that does NOT disturb the bio filtration. Melafix is the fungal treatment. Rally Reef Safe would work if it's parasite.

BTW>The clown cleared up after a couple days without treatment...I think it was due to shipping, but I will never know for sure.

i've decided im going to wait it out, im mid way thru my interceptor treatment so i really dont want to put anything else in the tank.
the eye isnt too white, it looks like hes wearing an eyeglass. lol

Back