problem starting pump

Syris said:
Wow, I am surprised by all the Mag pump failures. I always thought they were a pretty good submersible pump. They have been for me at least. I have a mag 9.5 as my main return running for 3yrs now, a mag3 running for 4yrs, and a mag 7 running for 1yr now. I dont do regular maintenace on them either. If they stop working I dissassemble the impeller and soak it in vinegar and replace with a spare impeller that I keep for all my pumps so I can put the pump right back in service.

I'm in the same boat as you, I have 2 Mag3's, 2 Mag9.5's and a Mag18 that I've had for some time with little to no problems, I give them a good cleaning once every six months or so.

I should add (after my anti mag rant) that I've found the smaller mag pumps to be a lot more reialble than the larger ones. I have Mag 2 and 3's that have run well for years, my problems have been with the mag 12 and mag 18.

I do know that they changed the impeller design at some point, maybe they have improved on the reliability that I've complained about. That said I still would buy a rio before I bought another Mag but that would be very unlikely

jk

Back