Question about anenome & cleaner Wrasse

RonD2008

Non-member
I have not seen my cleaner wrasse in a few days and have noticed that my Condi anenome looks a little larger than normal. Is it possible that the wrasse got a little too close to the anenome and got eaten?

if your tank has a open top look really good all over the floor, walls and in the overflow box if your tank has one. wrasse jump a lot. I had a six line live in my overflow for a week, found him when i was cleaning filter. highly doubt a wrasse got in a condi

The tank is covered, and I have no overflow, just HOB skimmer.... Can't find the fish, this cleaner wrasse was always swimming around, had it for about 2 months now. I have now fed three times without seeing the little guy.:(

The tank is covered, and I have no overflow, just HOB skimmer.... Can't find the fish, this cleaner wrasse was always swimming around, had it for about 2 months now. I have now fed three times without seeing the little guy.:(

Sounds about right. That's just about how long they live in captivity.

Cleaner wrasses are hard to keep in captivity because they often don't take to frozen foods and there is usually not enough natural food that they can pick off tankmates. If you really want a cleaner fish that will stand a much better chance of survival try one of the cleaner gobies...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+31+194&pcatid=194

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+31+175&pcatid=175

These guys readily accept frozen food and are cool additions...

This fish was awesome, it chowed brine, mysis, spelina, and seaweed. There is no way it starved to death. If it died i'm wondering why I cant find the body, I really don't have that many hiding places, and have lots of flow in the tank.

CUC's are very quick at taking care of a dead fish's body IME... If it died behind a rock chances are you'd never see it :(

I left for work one day with all fish came back 6 hours later and was missing a dwarf angel... I looked really hard and after about 10 mins found a small skeleton on the sandbed in the front of the tank...

Well I do have a large CUC, about 100 hermits, 4 emeralds, 3 queen conch's 1 peppermint shrimp, cleaner shrimp and about 10 snails.

I don't seem to have much luck with Wrasses, my sixline has been hiding for a few days in his normal sleeping place.

Back