(Question of the Day) Lighting

Reefbreeders Photon LED various generations as old as from
ATI Sunpower t5 dimmable fixtures, the oldest one is 20 years old.
A few first generation Maxspect Razors led that on their last legs as they are 15 years old now.
A lot of Reefbreeders LED bars.
A few AI Primes 16 HD

Previous tanks were LED/T5 hybrid with Radions for LED. Going with all LED (Radions) for my next build.

Reefbreeders Photon LED various generations as old as from
ATI Sunpower t5 dimmable fixtures, the oldest one is 20 years old.
A few first generation Maxspect Razors led that on their last legs as they are 15 years old now.
A lot of Reefbreeders LED bars.
A few AI Primes 16 HD
I love this and the fact this further proves you don’t need to keep buying the hot new thing. Fancy reef gear does not make you a better reefer

I've run everything from VHO to power compact to halide to t5's in the past, radion xr15 and xr30 pros, Ai Primes and Hydras, ATI Sunpower t5, and now currently, GHL Mitras LX7206 x 4 over my 200 gallon IM Peninsula. Great lights that many overlook in my honest opinion. One of the few that actually offers UV instead of just calling purple "UV".

I love this and the fact this further proves you don’t need to keep buying the hot new thing. Fancy reef gear does not make you a better reefer
Very true, when I look at the past decade of reef hobby led development, there is very little if any fundamental changes or progress. Instead, they go a full circle from panel style lighting to puck style lighting and go back to panel style. At the same time, horticulture led remain as panel style.

The 1st Gen Maxspect led I have actually do not have red and green led, instead, they have deep violet and near UV led chips.
despite there are only 2 channels instead of 10, they grow coral and make coral look as good as G6.

For ATI t5, they do not change a thing in 20 years.

In terms of reliability, Reefbreeders led is the most robust and I have Reefbreeders photon led from 2016 and still running perfectly with very little par lost.

The 2nd is Maxspect Razors, I need to replace their led pucks after a few years. Otherwise they have no other issues.

Then AI led, despite their lens and fans need replacement every two years or so, but the replacement parts are cheap and available.

Second hand lights:
2x AI hydra 52 (upgraded from old model)
3x GHL Mitra LX6200
IMG_0281.jpeg

I miss the look of my old 120, 400w MH, flanked by 4x110w VHO. Cool blue lok and awesome shimmer. It was nice because I barely needed heat in the room when the lights were on. Summers would get steamy.

Reefbreeders photon since 2017. Got to second Dong about their reliability and longevity.

I miss the look of my old 120, 400w MH, flanked by 4x110w VHO. Cool blue lok and awesome shimmer. It was nice because I barely needed heat in the room when the lights were on. Summers would get steamy.

Reefbreeders photon since 2017. Got to second Dong about their reliability and longevity.
Utility meter must have been spinning of the wall!

Eversource certainly loved me.
been running My v1 upgraded to V2 since 2017. super reliable and Logan has and dong are great customer support you can actually speak too if there is a problem

For those wondering the GHL Mitras provide some really nice shimmer, reminds me of yesteryear

Back