Ques. (Question of the Day?) Online Livestock: Good, Bad and Ugly

Cpage101

Current BRS Vice President
Officer
BRS Member
We all know we like to support our club @Sponsor and local LFS but sometimes we want to get something they don't or cant bring in. Where have you purchased online livestock. Let us know good and bad experiences to help our members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently had a strange interaction with SSB Corals. I won an auction for an acan ( it was $12). The shipping unit was $50 and had a set date to ship. I contacted him and asked if i could purchase additional things off the site to get the most of the shipping. He responded with i could but i had to purchase $400 additional corals to do it.

I have purchased off a few online vendors and doing stuff like this has never been and issue or had a spending min attached to it.

Recently had a strange interaction with SSB Corals. I won an auction for an acan ( it was $12). The shipping unit was $50 and had a set date to ship. I contacted him and asked if i could purchase additional things off the site to get the most of the shipping. He responded with i could but i had to purchase $400 additional corals to do it.

I have purchased off a few online vendors and doing stuff like this has never been and issue or had a spending min attached to it.
that seems rather weird since you purchased a shipping unit already.

That’d be my last dealings with them….

We all know we like to support our club @Sponsor and local LFS but sometimes we want to get something they don't or cant bring in. Where have you purchased online livestock. Let us know good and bad experiences to help our members.
Just out of curiosity, what are some examples of livestock that LFS don't or can't bring in? I'm always up for a good challenge

Just out of curiosity, what are some examples of livestock that LFS don't or can't bring in? I'm always up for a good challenge
I’ll throw pitho crabs in the ring, they are beasts with algae and no one stocks them. Some have said they maybe don’t have the longest lifespans which could be the case I’ve only had mine a week now so can’t speak on that theory. But I can say is that they do one hell of a job compared to any emerald I’ve ever had and they are only $5 a piece at least that’s what I paid for them.

I’be ordered a good bit from corals anonymous - found them when looking for a haddoni carpet that I never see locally. Acantrophyllia too as they always seem to be much more affordable.

I’ve gotten lazy and like my stuff delivered :)

Ah, yes! The pitho crab is a perfect example. I pay attention to the messages here as another layer to keeping an eye on the types of things people are looking for. Noticed a good amount of chatter on the pithos and started reaching out to my divers that we work with to try to get some in time to run through quarantine for the FFM. Was not able to get any in time for QT and actually got an email from one of the divers the day of the FFM saying that he was able to find some. With that said, he knows to look for them now and going forward they will be a regular offering from Blue Light Aquatics.

Back