question on perfecto stand

nemogonecrazy

Non-member
i have a 55gal perfecto stand my stand supports the tank at all four corners and the tank basically floats in the center there is a brace in the center rear of the stand nothing sits on this brace it just connets to the bottom and top horizontal pieces. does anyone have any idea what would happen if i removed this brace. doing so would allow me to fit a tank larger than 10g under my tank. well not any tank but anything widder than 11 inch. :confused:

You can't know until you try. :)

I removed the same brace in the front of my stand a month ago to remove my old sump. (I'd put it in from the top while setting up the tank).

The stand didn't collapse. No guarantees on yours though. :)

Nate

I've heard of people removing the brace to fit in a larger sump and then putting it back in place just to be on the safe side.

Yeah, I put mine back immediately. :) Actually I also installed a temporary support about 6" to the right of the center support, so I had enough room to the left to remove the sump, but still had some support.

Nate

I dont think you shood its thear for saport!! not looks i bild stands in the long run you need it !!!

Last edited:
nate thanks if i remove it it would have to be permenant back to drawing board. think i will set up a sump beside the tank then maybe go plywood sump in the long run. damn perfecto stand!!!

Back