Question on watts per Gal.

Royalty

Reefer In Training
I just got a 36in 4 bulb t5 2 actinic's and 2 10k's with 8 3w blue led's for moonlighting on a 46 bowfront my concern is the lack of watts per gal its looking like 3.39 per gal there 39 watt bulbs. I'm using the light as a temp cause Im going to place my LED order with in the next couple months peace by peace per month Im down grading from my 72 bowfront 6 bulb Tekk T5 54 watt bulbs the fixure was having issue's these passed couple months so it's been running on 4 bulbs instead of the 6. so basically its more like 216 watts per gal I'm going to be moving my corals this week in the new site up with a H.O.B CPR large refugium and a 25 custom Acrylic sump and a EuroReef skimmer rate 125 gal's skimmer along with my temp HO T5 fixture and k3 and Vortech mp10 with about 90 lbs of lr and a 1.5inch SB and two TLF reactors for carbon & phosban I think I'll be alright. there's a green carpet, A dozen mini carpets. and one GBTA,RBTA PBTA sps, caps.softies,zoa's paly's, lps etc. If you could toss some feed back on my site up do's and don'ts that you be nice thanks for looking.:D

Watts/gal is a poor relationship for making light choices. So i would even take it into consideration.

Watts/gal is a poor relationship for making light choices. So i would even take it into consideration.

i completely agree, its complete nonsense... its more about understanding par and light output versus/along with tank depth and quality of lighting...

I just upgraded my light fixture to a 5 bulb t5 I don't understand how to tell the difference between par and watts?

I just upgraded my light fixture to a 5 bulb t5 I don't understand how to tell the difference between par and watts?

On a 72 you should be fine with that light you will most likely just need to keep your SPS towards the top half of the tank.

Watts is the electircity used.
PAR is the light coming out.

On a 72 you should be fine with that light you will most likely just need to keep your SPS towards the top half of the tank.
The fixture he just got was a 5 bulb Aquactinics fixture from me that has active cooling and individual relectors. SPS should be fine on the bottom with this fixture if he decides to keep them.

Watts is the electircity used.
PAR is the light coming out.

is there a par meter that the club might have available I could bring the light to a meeting or something? Or I could just buy one new or used is there a name to the device that measure's par for different lighting like t5,MH,LED's?

Back