Question

x22hockey

MAJOR REEF HEAD
BRS Member
Can anyone tell me if there is a differance between a male and female firefish. I was given a firefish from my gf cousin cause he was getting rid of his tank. I put it in mine to hold and sell but it seems that my firefish and his love each other. They stay in same hole, they swim together and one protects the other. It has been only one day but does anyone know anything more then me. (this isnt hard) i was told they would fight but i have not seen any aggresive behavior and i just sat and watched my tank for an hour.

Xavier

You are supposed to be able to tell by the notch in the dorsal fin, the V is supposed to be more pronounced on the males. However, I've always had a really hard time telling the difference myself. However, it sure sounds like you have a pair according to the behavior witnessed. Very nice! :cool:

does anything have to do with color one has blue eyes and the other has a purple stripe on his head

so the two guys are happy together and they are sleeping together everyday, and when scared they both take off and the bigger one is always the one to poke his head out of the hole to see if anything is there,

Back