Quiet one or via aqua?

NanoReefer

25g Waterbox
Any one have experience with either a quiet one 3000 or a via aqua 2600?

Good stuff bad stuff for either one...

Thanks

I have a Via Aqua 3000 and I think it is a good strong pump
I have an extra one that I used for 2-4 weeks before getting an iwakii 100 if you are interested for $60

Doh wrong forum

HELP, can a mod move this?

Ray I am still scouting pumps, and anything over 700gph is too much for my overflow, thanks anyway. We move at the end of march, and I want too upgrade it when I move the tank.

With 2 feet of head it should be 539gph (740@0ft) and I really am planning to keep softies\LPS so I don't need too much flow I have over 700gph total circulation in a 20 long now anyway. :D

P.S. Thanks Moe, brain fart ;)

quite one 3

9 months later and just as strong and quite as the day i set it up.Oh Yeh my cabinet is soundproofed. :rolleyes: :D

I have a quiet one... Works great. Not as quiet as the OLD model quiet one pump though.

basically it looks like a magdrive in a different case. but for some reason I don't have a temp issue like you would with a magdrive

Jamie

2 quiet one 3000 & a 6000 1 1/2 years running no problems and are very quiet compared to a mag but i like the mags also because you can run them outside your sump less heat

awesome, thanks for the replies guys. I was looking at the quiet one as well, I want to keep my tank as quiet as possible. Good to see they are reliable too. No problems running external? are you using teflon tape on the threads or some other sealant?

Thanks

I ran the 2600 for awhile they move alot of water for a low dollar unit but Do NOT like to be switched. I still have the pump but use it for water changes etc only as it needs a good beating every time now to get going.

Marco67, was that internal or external? I think I am going to use mine internal as my sump will not be drilled.

I had a viaaqua2600 running continuously for about 8 months with no problems. Mine was for a closed loop. They don't seem to do very well with head pressure, but otherwise a fine pump for chump change. I think I paid $35 for that one from Foster&Smith. Now Piscevore is using it on his skimmer.

I bought an 1800 for $18 for my skimmer. love it.

Back