reducing micro-bubbles in tank

mattz

blah, blah, blah
Hi,

I've got a 90g RR 48" long AGA tank with a ~25 g sump (ok, it's a rubbermaid container) with no baffles installed in the sump. There's a TON of micro-bubbles. I'm looking for a way to reduce the number of bubble that find their way into the tank via the return pump. I've tried installing baffles made of acrylic sheet but it seems the plastic the sump is made of does not easily bond well with silicon or acrylic cement. Any suggestions? Is this even the correct forum?

Thanks,
MattZ

You could try putting your return pump in a smaller tank inside of the sump. Filter socks would help a lot too, but you would have to clean and change them once a week.

Do a search for "reverse duroso", this can help a bit, but without baffles you may be stuck with a good amount of bubbles.

Get one plastic container for your drain line, to catch the water. IMO, have the container slightly taller than the normal level. Most bubles should break in the container, then some should break when trickling down the side. You could also play around with this with a smaller box, or a large box with baffles, and your return pump.

naturebatslast said:
Get one plastic container for your drain line, to catch the water. IMO, have the container slightly taller than the normal level. Most bubles should break in the container, then some should break when trickling down the side. You could also play around with this with a smaller box, or a large box with baffles, and your return pump.

Exactly! It'll do wonders for your set up.

Back