Reef Math 1+2=?

JPags

BRS Member
So you have 1 Green Chromis and you add 2 more Green Chromis, how many green chromis do you have in your tank the next day?

No calculators please ;)

Not sure if its because they were put in at different time.

Right now I only have 2, the 2 new ones (One has been beat up a bit).

The old one started bullying the new ones right away, but then they seemed to get along and swim together. They are all small so I figured they would get along, since the other has not been in my tank long. I figured I was going to be missing one of the new ones at some point, but it looks like the 2 ganged up on the one and they are the only ones I have left today. No sign of the other.

So I guess im going to stick with what I have, I might end up with 1 again but well see

Reef math is fun, isn't it.

It's happened to me too. Once you get to 1 or 2, it's almost impossible to get a school again.

I also have trouble with bangaii cardinals. Now, my remaining one is so big, I can't find another one to match him.

I had 3 when I started my tank about 6 years ago. Two of them got to be about 3 inches and the other one stayed smaller. Recently one of the large ones took a leap out of the tank and the other died shortly after. This left the lonely smaller one. I bought 5 more and put them in the tank. The older one immediately started defending the 5 new ones from the other fish in the tank and they have been schooling since with no issues.

Ok for those still watching. The final answer is 1. No matter how many I add I end up with 1. Just realized I now have only 1 left after the second one disappeared. So I guess he’s the soul survivor and wins the million

Back