Reef radiance x1 genesis

Yes that could charm the corals/bleach them for sure. As far as “blocking out” the tape would work as a temporary fix but really you need to map out your tanks par. Start corals in the dark corners and slowly move them up to acclimate them to the new lighting conditions.

Also I am not sure if there is a downside...

But why do the blues need to be ok 24/7?

My tank turns on at 12-1pm and turns off st 9-10pm. The rest is darkness/natural sunlight from the windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea no clue, i mean the colors the lights put out are pretty and my fish look amazing and very healthy. Im trying to track down a PAR meter. Im studying mechanical engineering at UNH so im trying to see if i can rent or borrow a meter from one of the departmenrs there. But I read online that a couple people have used window screen as a more permanent solution. But i need a par meter before I do anything

Well for anyone's reference that buys these lights in the future here are the par readings with an Apogee MQ-510 over a standard 75 gallon with 2 of the lights. So their claim was false that they get 396 par at 30 inch depth but these readings look pretty good. Too bad I already impulse bought new lights for the black Friday sales before my meter got here.

PAR READINGS.jpg

Back