Regarding RBTA's

yukyuklee

Free.99
I'm releasing the beast in my solana... in the mean time should I turn off the vortech? I put the foam ring on my wet side but I'm afraid the nem might walk into the pump... any suggestions?

I have recently added a GBTA to my tank and I have found it a wonderful spot. I have read that they will stay put if they find a spot they like. The spots they like hide their feet and make the feel secure. They like crevices and holes for this reason. I have a rock with perfect sized holes for them.

file.php

file.php

Hope that helps... btw, I don't even worry about the water movers I have because they are fairly well shielded and I am not worried about the BTA roaming because it found a good home.

Brandon

They move around even when you think they're happy and settled in.
As long as you have good lighting they'll basically stay on the lower half of the tank.So if your PHs are high you should be fine.
Brandon,that bta looks pretty bleached.Hope you have some good lighting to color it back up again.

They move around even when you think they're happy and settled in.
As long as you have good lighting they'll basically stay on the lower half of the tank.So if your PHs are high you should be fine.
Brandon,that bta looks pretty bleached.Hope you have some good lighting to color it back up again.

+1 on that GBTA looking bleached

Yeah, the color is starting to come back in the base. I got it from a local guy. It split several times and this was the large main one.

Definitely bleached, those junk cell pics don't do it justice though and make it look worse than it is. However, yeah, it needs some love.

Lighting: 4x54W, x2 10K and x2 460nm Actinics

Brandon

I'm releasing the beast in my solana...

Well put. Ours started out as a cute little nem about the size of a quarter. We put it in a wiskey glass with a net over the top so the fish and shrimp couldn't steal its food.

And look what happened when we fed it!!!

fb66c039.jpg

Well put. Ours started out as a cute little nem about the size of a quarter. We put it in a wiskey glass with a net over the top so the fish and shrimp couldn't steal its food.

And look what happened when we fed it!!!

fb66c039.jpg

OH yeah! I totally forgot (I don't know how though lol) also the 2 mp40's on that tank... right now I keep him in a breeder cage in the tank since the owner who had the split told me that it moved around a lot... I'll keep him in there until he doubles in size I guess since mine is the size of a silver dollar

If yours is silver dollar size Yuk it won't be long now. You're right on about being cautious with the vortec and the nem. Yours will be much closer to it than mine is. I'm just lucky that I have almost 3' on either side between the nem and the vortecs. The asymetric reef crest mode keeps it swaying back and forth which apparently mine likes. It also preskims the overflow box. Every day it expands and climbs the overflow until it gets its tentacles into the openings in the grate and then it just stays there. I swear the silly thing eats flake food. Lots of times it trys to venture to one side or the other (not moving the foot) to explore what's there and I have to bat it back into place with the tongs.

Well I just released the beast couple days ago... and the rbta went missing for the whole day yesterday... I thought it was hiding but after awhile looking around the tank it was no where to be found... So my instincts was telling me to check the back chambers just to double check. The damn thing was back there. That means it had to crawl out of water crawl about an inch on the cover that covered the back chamber and crawl around under to get there!!! WOW... I never knew these b@stards could do this! I'm pretty amazed lol
Also took me 3 ice cubes to get this sucker off the glass.

Shoved him in a crevice. He's pretty pissed off right now :mad:
prbta.JPG

Last edited:
Back