WTB Replacement nano skimmer. Mine isnt bubbling

thebigfluff

Non-member
Anyone have a small skimmer they are not using? Mine quit and after replacing all the parts, still nothing. Wondering if anyone had a small one hanging around, or a hob. Need it for my 20g inuvo.

Thanks!

Dan

Amesbury to Burlington

Nothing to offer, but have you specifically tried cleaning the air inlet on your existing skimmer? (if the pump still pumps, salt accumulation or other air obstruction is most likely your issue).

I have replaced the airline tube, removed and cleaned the impeller, removed and cleaned the silencer, cleaned the inlet tube. It seems like its not sucking any air only water, I wonder if its because its WAY out of adjustment, I might have screwed the adjustment valve up by trying to fix it?

Also, anyone have any reviews on this skimmer vs the OEM inuvo skimmer?
Ive never seen a skimmer that looks or works like this one? Its a Red Sea Prizm 100gallon skimmer.

Attachments

• redsea.jpg
    redsea.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 42
I have replaced the airline tube, removed and cleaned the impeller, removed and cleaned the silencer, cleaned the inlet tube. It seems like its not sucking any air only water, I wonder if its because its WAY out of adjustment, I might have screwed the adjustment valve up by trying to fix it?
Try this high tech intervention; Blow really hard into the air line.

If you can't blow into it, the air inlet is completely clogged.
If you can blow into it, you should see a bunch of bubbles in the skimmer, you may simply dislodge the clog, OR if it's way out of adjustment it will more or less confirm that the issue is adjustment.

*no personal exp with either skimmer above, but skimmer troubleshooting is pretty standard with this sort of thing. Nothing wearing out should stop the air draw (unless the pump itself is dead).

Huh, If you do want to try troubleshooting (Sometimes it's just a good excuse to upgrade :) ), follow the path of air from that air line. Most likely salt or debris clogging a tiny opening the air has to pass to get the the impeller or venturi.

I have a Fluval PS1. Not exactly the greatest thing on earth, but if you're looking for something on the cheap its available.

I have a Fluval PS1. Not exactly the greatest thing on earth, but if you're looking for something on the cheap its available.
Per Marketplace Rules and Guidelines Found Here

• If you wish to sell an item in response to a WTB post, you must include the price or a link to your FS post. If you do not have an item to sell but making a general store recommendation, a price is not required

Anyone have a small skimmer they are not using? Mine quit and after replacing all the parts, still nothing. Wondering if anyone had a small one hanging around, or a hob. Need it for my 20g inuvo.

Thanks!

Dan

Amesbury to Burlington
Have this for $45 not amazing but it worked on my WB cube 10G I have yet to find an amazing nano skimmer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 53
Back