Rodi filter change out

s_kelley

BRS Member
So I have noticed my rodi production was way down and figured since it's been 5-6 months I'd change our my filter cartridges. They were particularly nasty and I figured I would share! I'm kinda grossed out that this comes from the tap water I drink.
New.....nice n white

Old...hard to believe this was ever white

New

Old

New

Old

Makes me think of all the wonderful stuff I'm ingesting when I drink a glass of water, yuck

Ew.

I drink from the RO portion.

It's funny to think how much nicer the "waste water" from an RODI is compared to typical tap...

Makes me think of all the wonderful stuff I'm ingesting when I drink a glass of water, yuck
According to the city of taunton water athority your drinking this.....lol

Chloramines (ppm) 2015 [4] [4] 1.56 0.74–2.27 No Water additive used to control microbes
Fluoride (ppm) 2015 4 4 0.81 0.56–1.20 No Water additive that promotes strong teeth
Haloacetic Acids [HAA] (ppb) 2015 60 NA 23.6 0–38.1 No By-product of drinking water disinfection
Nitrate (ppm) 2015 10 10 1.57 ND–1.57 No Runoff from fertilizer use; Leaching from septic tanks, sewage; Erosion of natural deposits
Perchlorate (ppb) 2015 2 NA 0.11 0.10–0.11 No Inorganic chemicals used as oxidizers in solid propellants for rockets, missiles, fireworks and explosives.
TTHMs [Total
Trihalomethanes] (ppb)
2015 80 NA 45.1 30.5–61.1 No By-product of drinking water disinfection
Total Coliform Bacteria
(% positive samples)
2015 5% of monthly
samples are positive
6 1 NA No Naturally present in the environment
Total Organic Carbon (ppm) 2015 TT NA 3.3 0.7–5.7 No Naturally present in the environment
Tap water samples were collected for lead and copper analyses from sample sites throughout the community
SUBSTANCE
(UNIT OF MEASURE)
YEAR
SAMPLED AL MCLG
AMOUNT DETECTED
(90TH%TILE)
SITES ABOVE AL/
TOTAL SITES VIOLATION TYPICAL SOURCE
Copper (ppm) 2014 1.3 1.3 0.05 0/31 No Corrosion of household plumbing systems; Erosion of natural deposits
Lead (ppb) 2014 15 0 5 1/31 No Corrosion of household plumbing systems; Erosion of natural deposits
SECONDARY SUBSTANCES
SUBSTANCE
(UNIT OF MEASURE)
YEAR
SAMPLED SMCL MCLG
AMOUNT
DETECTED
RANGE
LOW-HIGH VIOLATION TYPICAL SOURCE
Aluminum (ppb) 2015 200 NA 6 0–63 No Erosion of natural deposits; Residual from some surface water treatment processes
Color (Units) 2015 15 NA 1 0–6 No Naturally occurring organic materials
Iron (ppb) 2015 300 NA 12 3–70 No Leaching from natural deposits; Industrial wastes
Manganese1
(ppb) 2015 50 NA 10 0–38 No Leaching from natural deposits
UNREGULATED SUBSTANCES 2
SUBSTANCE
(UNIT OF MEASURE)
YEAR
SAMPLED
AMOUNT
DETECTED
RANGE
LOW-HIGH TYPICAL SOURCE
Bromodichloromethane
(ppb)
2015 4.6 ND–4.6 Disinfectant by-product;
Marine micro-algae
Chlorodibromomethane
(ppb)
2015 0.6 ND–0.6 Disinfectant by-product;
Chemical intermediate
Chloroform (ppb) 2015 12.6 ND–12.6 Disinfectant by-product;
Chemical intermediate
Sodium (ppm) 2015 30.3 NA Erosion of natural
deposits; Soil runoff
UNREGULATED CONTAMINANT
MONITORING RULE PART 3 (UCMR3)
SUBSTANCE
(UNIT OF MEASURE)
YEAR
SAMPLED
AMOUNT
DETECTED
RANGE
LOW-HIGH
Chlorate (ppb) 2015 730 ND–730
Chromium (ppb) 2015 0.09 ND–0.09
Strontium (ppb) 2015 230 26–230

Ya they send anual reports, I can't read that I'll freak out, lol
Born and raised here, love that dirty water!

Eh, "God made dirt and dirt don't hurt" :eek:

I think I'm still one of the old schoolers who still drink tap water. Please don't mention Michigan. :eek:

The water here isn't too bad but the sediment filter definitely need to be changed often. Maybe a group buy ;)

I know what you mean. Mine look the same usually after a month or so. Try to change them out every 3 months or so. Like you said "love that dirty water".

i just changed my sediment filter over the weekend, it's been 6 months since i last changed, and it had a disgusting brown detritus/slime coat around it. it felt like mud when i touched it.

Well I live in a rural are and have town water.
And my filters look very similar to yours after a year, Shane.
I'll drink from the RO side, it has a 3 gallon holding tank and faucet.

My filters are still white and have been in use for over a year. But my rodi unit is right after my whole house filter and I'm on well water. Di resin goes kinda fast though. Might be the amount of water I'm making though. Two 50g water changes a month and probly another 50g in top off water every week and a half to two weeks. So like 200-250 gallons a month

When was the last time you changed the membrane? That sediment filter looked like it was soiled all the way through. And believe me I know the feeling, they're doing water main work in my town and I've changed all my filters twice in the past three months..it's disgusting what comes out of those pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back