Rodi sediment filter doesn’t get dirty

PSU4ME

BRS Member
Has anyone ever noticed this before? I have a 5 stage water saver from BRS and my first stage, the sediment filter is always white. Hundreds of gallons through it, have changed it and I can tell it’s making the connection.

Is this a sign of something wrong with the device? I’ve always found it very weird that it doesn’t dirty at all when the sediment filter on the house system does. This has been the case pre and post installing the house system.

I see that on everyone’s and my old ones, just not this one. Something has to be off but the supply line goes right to the first cartridge that has the sediment filter

Last edited:
Yes it does now and that filter gets dirty. But my filter on the RO has never gotten dirty, even before I put the house filter in. While the house filter does most now, it’s not 100% so I’d still expect the rodi to still discolor over time.

Yes it does now and that filter gets dirty. But my filter on the RO has never gotten dirty, even before I put the house filter in. While the house filter does most now, it’s not 100% so I’d still expect the rodi to still discolor over time.
Can you measure the TDS on the supply water? Maybe its in the single digits to begin.

Can you confirm that there is a round compression Indentation on the top of the sediment filter when you remove it to check. This tells me that the filter fit snugly and water go through the surface of the filter and not through the top or the bottom openings of filter. Some filters are a bit short and fit loosely. I usually can feel this compression towards the end of the tightening of the canister housing. If it feels tighter towards the end I know the filter is a bit taller and compresses towards the end.

Yup Ben, first thing I checked when I replaced it, it was a full indentation around the opening. I’m going to open it today again. I mean I replaced all the filters 2 months ago and none were that bad really

And if it does indeed bypass the sediment filter, I would expect your carbon block would be brownish a month into use. Are you using the 1 µm sediment filter all the 5 µm? Can you put a few drops of food dye into the inlet fitting to see if thewater does flow thrrough the sediment filter?

619B664F-073F-44CF-AC81-12D6306FDCAB.jpeg

mine after 2 weeks. Grrrrrrr

Back