Rose BTA

normal unless the mouth is gaping or stringy white stuff is comming out or he is disintigrating. Not much you can do. Sometimes it takes a long time for them to get used to new lighting. Protect him from powerhead intakes at this time. They are very likely to end up sucked in and pureed.

they move around alot! they pick places that really make you mad sometimes...doesnt sound all that odd, does it close up fast if touch it? does it eat...

id say your probably fine.

when I first got my bta it hid behind some rocks, after I located it days later I placed in near the bottom of the tank near the corner. it has moved around a couple inches but stays in the general area.

I had the same thing happen to my green BTA, he hid behind the rocks on the bottom of the tank for about 2 weeks so I took the rock he was on and moved it towards the front closer to the lights. It was also hard to feed him because he was in an awkward space. He didn't look too good and I was afraid he wasn't going to make it, but I've had him for almost 2 years now and he split twice. Good luck, just keep an eye on it and make sure it eats....

look at where you had it...it didn't like where you put it. Maybe too much flow...too little?? Too much light...dunno. It will move again if it doesn't like it.

Back