Royz 150 gallon peninsula build

ChangNoi

Non-member
Finally got the tank last weekend (ordered it from Glass Cages). The build is going well. I still need to get the RO/DI tank / mixing tank installed. Some painting and then on to the hood and panels to cover it all. I am holding the panels on with rare earth magnets that I ordered. This will allow me to take everything off if I need to get access...to anything.

Now looking for a gigantea carpet anemone....anyone?

IMG_2129.jpgIMG_2132.jpgIMG_2134.jpgIMG_2135.jpgIMG_2136.jpg

is that a 30g tank that Glasscages delivered to you at Holiday Inn hotel in Sharon last week?
looking good.

Very cool.keep the progress shots coming. Would love to try something like this

a couple of tanks I saw on the Glasscages truck last weekend, I thought they were great on the silicon job.

kungfookid: That is the tank I got on the 21st off of the truck behind the Holiday Inn, yes, but it is a 150 Gallon tank. The sump is a 38 gallon (same delivery) and the RO/DI/mixing tank is a 29 gallon with a 50/50 divider.

I had to fix the black plastic frame on one end of the tank. Glass Cages had installed it improperly and it stuck out away from the glass a half an inch on one corner. I had to cut the plastic, cut through all of the silicon that held it on two sides and then trim the plastic. Once I got it trimmed properly I simply siliconed it back in place. There remains a little line in the plastic where I cut it, but it will be covered with the canopy portion of the wall when finished. I also had to trim excess silicon from the inside top corners of one end of the tank. A little sloppy but nothing that 20 minutes of work didn't fix.

Thanks for the kind comments. I ordered another 29 gallon tank from GC's and will be expanding the sump so that I have a refugium area. Things are coming together. I bought the new RLSS DC pumps (40 Watts max) and have one for the return and the other is on my skimmer. Great pumps! And great price.

Here is a photo of my previous tanks in Chicago that I had to get rid of for the move out here. Really started to miss my tanks....thus this new build.

002_2.jpgAquarium_19-May-2011_002_2.jpgphoto 3-7_2.jpg

Sadly yes. I had to sell everything before I moved. The red haddoni was one of my favorites. My pride and joy was my blue gigantea, which I was able to save from dying and he paid me back with many hours of joy, just looking at how healthy he was. Anyway, now looking for another gigantea....very rare find.

I have made a little progress, but am traveling now. I will post some update photos later today. Still deciding how exactly I will make the wall panels.

Update 4-Jun-2012

Small update. Still haven't decided on the complete approach on the wall coverings for the peninsula. Tank is running well and fish and corals have been doing well for over a month now.

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

Back