Sat June 28, 2008 BRS meeting - Bridgewater - Lighting Expert

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
The next BRS meeting will be held at the Bridgewater, MA., Vets Club, 85 Cottage, St. June 28th Saturday, 2008 from 11AM - 3 PM.

Joe Klein from Ushio will be giving our guest lecture on lighting requirements for coral reef aquaria. Ushio is a manufacturer of metal halide bulbs.

We will have the standard frag swap and general mayhem. The local sponsor Coral Reef Aquarium will have a table at the meeting, likely with dry goods and some live critters. See their forum for details:

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

New info:

Mauro from our BOD has agreed to give the novice reefkeepers lecture, complete with demos. He will be talking about auto-topoff devices and level control, etc.

Tentative schedule for the meeting (this schedule may change, check back to this thread for updates as we get closer to the day of the meeting):

11 - 12 PM - Meet and greet

Presentation set up time - new members registration - folks milling about chatting about their tanks - chance to meet and chat with the guest speaker - time to purchase BRS coffee mugs, hats, polo shirts - library book signout and return - turn samples in for water testing - chance to pick up 2008 BRS calenders, etc. More about these club benefits can be read here:

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49878

11:30 AM - 12 PM - Novice Reefkeepers lecture and question and answer session - topic TBD

12 - 12:15 PM - Announcements - raffle items descriptions - introductions of new members, etc.

12:15 - 1:15 PM - Guest Speaker Joe Klein - USHIO Lighting

1:30 PM - Pizza

2 PM - Raffle drawing

1:15 - 3 PM - Frag swap mayhem and general member to member reef chat. Clean up

Reminder: we try our best to keep the meeting on time, but there are a lot of things that are out of our control, so the times are subject to change, do not take these times as gospel please. Check back to this thread for updates as we get closer to the day of the meeting.

So, again the details:

Where: Bridgewater, MA., Vets Club, 85 Cottage, Street

When: June 28th Saturday, 2008 from 11AM - 3 PM.

Last edited:
Damnit... One of the few Sat's I have off that we're having a meeting and I have to go and get married :eek:

Maybe I'll have a magical illness for the next meeting... :eek:

what is it to have your water tested money wise?

I want to see how my kits compare to what you guys test with.

More details on water testing are here:

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49878

In the FWIW category, we could really use some members that have a little bit of chemistry lab experience to help us with water testing at this and other meetings. I'll be posting something separate to ask about this, but if you are interested in helping out please PM me.

Another update. Mauro from our BOD has agreed to give the novice reefkeepers lecture, complete with demos. He will be talking about auto-topoff devices and level control, etc.

I had mentioned in the TOTM thread that after this months meeting I would host a tank tour. The offer still stands. Anyone who wants to come over and take a look and talk tank is welcome.

Back