Savko Plastic Pipe Fittings

mloebl

Non-member
I placed an order from http://www.savko.com/ for some bulk head fittings based on the recommendation of another BRS member. Prices were inline or cheaper than a lot of the other major online vendors for aquarium plumbing supplies, and shipping was cheap and out of Ohio rather than California. Placed the order over the web on Tuesday. Got a phone call on Wed since I made a typo on the cc information. Called them, got a person on the first ring, and had my order fixed within 30s. Order shipped on Wed and arrived Friday via UPS ground. Got all the correct items (and I ordered a variety of stuff, so glad to see I got all the different sizes.) They even added a personal touch by signing a thank you on the invoice slip. Would definintely buy from again, and between the cheap ($8) shipping and 3 day delivery, a great alternative to buying fittings from the larger aquarium/pet chains in California.

-Mike

I've bought a couple more times there now, as well as my friend since my last post as we are drilling and plumbing some tanks. Again all the orders have come in without a problem as well as quick shipping. My one complaint is that they don't have as good images or descriptions on some of their items as the other chains, so you need a good idea of what you want before you buy it. I'm not overly familair with some of the plumbing items or the technical names, so had to do a bit of Googling to figure out what I needed a few times.

-Mike

Savko

I used to buy everything from them. However, when I built my fishroom and replumbed my tank I ordered all Slip X Slip fittings and they sent me all threaded fittings. I was going to send them back but I decided to try to use as many as I could. In the end I had to go to HD (which I wanted to avoid by ordering through SAVKO) and bought what SAVKO should have sent to me in the first place.

Good place

Not the fastest shippers, but not slow enough to complain about. They are happy to talk to you and recommend glue/primer and amount needed. There estimates were right on the money.

They have everything except some odd bits like wyes that I found at Custom Aquatics and strainers at Marine Depot.

Back