Service lights? PC controlled?

Armando

v 4.0
I (re)installed my webcam so I can monitor my tank. What happens is that before the lights go on, the room is dark and I can't see anything
Doh.gif

Any suggestions for a service light that is small, light (meaning not heavy), preferably low voltage, that can be hooked up to the tank trim (i don't have a canopy)? And an easy/inexpensive way of switching it on/off using a PC(x10?) Thanx

Is the back of your tank painted?(I think it is, but if it isnt) I just put a light on the other side of my tank and could see the siluet when the lights were off. I could see the water level, where the stuff that might move was and see the fish swimming.

im thinking about it (not moonlights, but white LEDs). not sure if it will give enough light for the cam. but maybe 2 white Jumbo (24 LEDs) fixture could be bright enough...

Last edited:
Armando said:
im thinking about it (not moonlights, but white LEDs). not sure if it will give enough light for the cam. but maybe 2 white Jumbo (24 LEDs) fixture could be bright enough...

I agree on the white led's,they produce a much better look than the blue IMO
and seem much brighter.

Armando. The cheapest way for you to operate the lights from a PC out side of your house would be with an X-10 light controller with a CM11A (think that's the part#) serial port adapter and a program called Homeseer.

Back