Should I put the CBB in with the clams?

• Yes, the CBB will probably be fine

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No, not worth risking the clams

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

~Flighty~

Now with more baby
Ok, I have the 58 with fish and rock and the 70 gallon from MACNA. The fish in the 58 have some minor ick problems (I wasn't very careful about QT) and I would like to leave the LR in the tank fishless for a good while to prevent any parisites from getting into the 120. So I want to put all of my fish into the 70 untill any parisites would be dead in the 58, move the LR and set the 58 up as a large qt prior to moving any fish into the 120.

so... The question is, do you think I should follow this plan knowing that I have a copperbanded butterfly that would be put into a reef tank with clams.

I did a similar poll here and over in RC a few months back.
Results were about 50/50.

I don't remember exactly what you had for lighting and such on the 58, but is it suitable for the clams? If so, why not move the clams into the 58 (they can't get ich) and move all the fish into the MACNA tank. Just a thought, but it may solve the problem.

Also, did I see an empty 29 while I was there? Maybe you could set up a temp home for the CCB.

Linda

I don't want to get all of the equipment for a third tank to keep the temp stable and whatnot. CBBs seem so sensitive to that. I think I might go ahead and put him in the 70 and partition the tank if he is a problem. I made a nice valley in the rockwork that is perfect for a divider of eggcrate if there is any big problem. I may have to do that anyway to help the female anthias get fattened up without the males bothering them. I hate to have a big ugly thing in the tank like that, but I should have been better at QT in the first place.

I have 6 clams in my tank with my CBB and have had no problems

Attachments

• PICT2216.JPG
    PICT2216.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 190
In the past I've "tested" CBBs before putting them in the main tank. Just move selected rocks into his Q tank one at a time..... rock with aptasia ...he eats it yeaa...rock with zoas he does not eat them 2X yeaaa ...etc

Back