Show off your favorite SPS colony!

I'm not sure what mine is, however, the photos on Atlantis Aquarium and Pro Corals both show Strawberry Fields as having green polyps, not red like your's Chrissy and your's, this is me. I actually really like both of yours and they appear to be the same to me.

Wow, some nice corals growing around these parts. I think I'm going to have to get know some of you. :D

...stupid auto correct

I'm not sure what mine is, however, the photos on Atlantis Aquarium and Pro Corals both show Strawberry Fields as having green polyps, not red like your's Chrissy and your's, this is me. I actually really like both of yours and they appear to be the same to me.
I love the green polyps on yours. Let me know if you frag it ;)

Strawberry field is a Sarmentosa which has a tighter coralite growth form.
original.jpg

You are totally right here's my strawberry fields acro which is an acropora Sarmentosa

The acro in that picture its an acropora florida
here's my acropora florida you could see the difference between them two..

Last edited:
The coral could show darker polyps coloration at the tips but yes it has green polyps..

I'm still confused as the "Strawberry Fields" shown above don't look like the ones I am seeing online here:

Atlantis:

and Pro Corals:

I realize there is variability in different systems but the red coloration of the polyps in the photo from 'this is me' seems very different than any of these. In any case, thanks for the probable ID of my minty green one!

I'm still confused as the "Strawberry Fields" shown above don't look like the ones I am seeing online here:

Atlantis:

and Pro Corals:

I realize there is variability in different systems but the red coloration of the polyps in the photo from 'this is me' seems very different than any of these. In any case, thanks for the probable ID of my minty green one!
Simple different environment corals tend to change the pigmentation for
Many reasons (lighting, filtration and one of the most influential reasons water parameters) they react different to each individual system..

View attachment 93832[/QUOTE]

This shot is an incredible aquascape. On one hand it has the look of a great floral arrangement and yet if someone said they grabbed this shot when diving an Australian reef no one would challnge it (well perhaps after you photoshop that pump in the background).

Those are some amazing Acros buddie. I have a small, blue milli that I think may be the same as the one in your pic ( at least I am hoping). It sat stagnant for 7 months in my tank and then decided to take off about 2 months ago.

Those are some amazing Acros buddie. I have a small, blue milli that I think may be the same as the one in your pic ( at least I am hoping). It sat stagnant for 7 months in my tank and then decided to take off about 2 months ago.

My girlfriend says I should call that blue Mille "Cookie Monster Mille" lol

Back