Simplicity 120dc

mike030987

Non-member
Hi there. Have been browsing for a new skimmer for awhile now and came across the simplicity.

Does anyone run one or have experience with them? Maybe direct me to a review as I am having a tough time finding any real solid info from personal experiences on them.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Simplicity DC is a mix of Taiwan made Aquamaxx skimmer body look alike with Mainland China made Jebao DC pump.
I don't know if the body is made by AquaMaxx but the pump is a Jebao.

It seems the price is reasonable.

That's what I thought the pump was. I appreciate the info. Was hoping someone had first hand experience though.

I'm in the look out for a new skimmer and with black Friday approaching I was hoping to find a good deal. I was thinking the vertex omega 130 since its under 250 on sale. Anyone have any thoughts?

It's a 40 breeder with 30 sump. I assume the 130 would be sized right I was just not 100 percent sold on the vertex but with the price it seems hard to pass up.

I use this skimmer and I love it! Kind of tricky to setup the bubbles at first but now it kick a**

That's a tad shame. As I didn't know or read many reviews so I went and bought the vertex omega instead as it was on sale. But good to know for future reference. Thanks

I just bought a Skimz SN123 mini dc skimmer on Black Friday from Bulk Reef for my 40 breeder. It cost $169.00, good up to around 1320 gallons so they say. I say 40 to 75 gallons.
Hint, it's doesn't show up on their website. Google "Skimz SN123", and click on the link, you'll find it.

Last edited:
Back