Sixline bullying my new pygmy angel

N

number1gsxxr

So I just added my new pygmy angel last night and the sixline immediately started bossing it around. The sixline is not nipping or anything but he is patrolling the length of the tank and is not letting the angel come out of the rocks. I have heard the sixline can get territorial especially as they get bigger but I have never had a problem with adding fish until now. This is really the fist time I have seen the sixline behave like this. Is there anything I can do before I have to get rid of one of them? I will continue to monitor them and I might try catching the sixline and putting it in my sump for a day or two then returning it to the DT to see if that helps.

On a different but possible slightly related note, I also added a firefish which has completely vanished. Any ideas on where it might be? I checked the sump and overflow box even though there is no way it can get into the sump with the sponge filter in place in the overflow box. I also checked behind the tank in case it jumped but I have a cover and there is only one tiny opening it could have jumped out of.

Firefish is in the rocks most likely. The sixline will always bully stuff, the can be jerks.

Do you think the sump trick will work with removing the sixline and then returning him to the tank? I guess there is only one way to find out.

The firefish could be KIA... sixlines are even more of a bully to fish the same color/body style which I would classify the firefish as... So if it's not dead yet it prob will be due to starvation :(

The sump trick might help but my sixline went MIA for 2-3 weeks and showed up out of the blue and still was a bully to a dottyback who was in the tank before the sixline...

So I just added my new pygmy angel last night and the sixline immediately started bossing it around. The sixline is not nipping or anything but he is patrolling the length of the tank and is not letting the angel come out of the rocks. I have heard the sixline can get territorial especially as they get bigger but I have never had a problem with adding fish until now. This is really the fist time I have seen the sixline behave like this. Is there anything I can do before I have to get rid of one of them? I will continue to monitor them and I might try catching the sixline and putting it in my sump for a day or two then returning it to the DT to see if that helps.

On a different but possible slightly related note, I also added a firefish which has completely vanished. Any ideas on where it might be? I checked the sump and overflow box even though there is no way it can get into the sump with the sponge filter in place in the overflow box. I also checked behind the tank in case it jumped but I have a cover and there is only one tiny opening it could have jumped out of.

Was this the tiny cherub angel at Skips?

Back