Your experience with a Sixline Wrasse

I had one years ago that turned into a bully and started attacking my maroon clown. I had to tear down my rock work to catch him. Never again for me, but like most reef fish, sometimes you just get one that doesn't adhere to its status quo.

I had one that killed my wife's favorite fish, a ruby red dragonite. But they are a good pest hunter.

I’ve got one in my small tank and he’s a model citizen, always just hunting around for pest.

although I added him last which could help with aggression that other people have experienced.

Appreciate the responses....sounds like it definitely comes with some risk. They are awesome to watch, very active and nice colors....too bad they’re A holes.

Had one also very active and did not bother anyone. They can be temperamental some are cool and others bullies like people they have a variety of behaviors. If it does not see another fish as competition for food you should be good.

Ya that’s the tough part by the time you figure that out you might have to rip apart your tank to catch them.

I've always had one, and they have been model citizens. Mostly hangs out in the rocks hunting critters, comes out at feeding time, and never seemed to bother anyone else.

The six line I had was an aggressive fish that gave never ending chase to the other fish in the tank. I eventually sold it after it killed another fish. Halichoeres are better fish for peaceful tanks in my opinion.

Have had one for a couple years now. Very active, nice looking. Has had very minor altercations with skunk clown and bicolor angel. Overall great fish, but I did put him in last, and when he was small.

Melanurus Wrasse - excellent fish, model citizen except for the 18 new hermit crabs (Frank180) I dropped in after FFM he has been ripping them out of their shells. My fault, I should have waited until the lights were out and slipped them into the rocks, but had too many thing to deal with. Most seems to have survived

That seems like a common theme from people that have had success with them.....add them last.

I keep one in my quarantine tank. He's been in there for years and has met several new friends that have come and go. I've never had a problem with him.

I have one and so far he's been a model citizen. He did very bullied really on by a damsel so maybe that's why he's behaving.

I've had a few over my reefkeeping tenure and I've had one semi A-hole but the 1-2 others were model citizens... Agree with the advice about making it one of the last fish introduced into the tank...

Back