Skim Clean Collection Cup Thingamajigs are 25% OFF

Anyone have one of these contraptions? How well does it work and would you buy one again? 25% OFF through 3/31, plus free shipping, is pretty tempting.

Thanks,
paul

ummmmmmmm really????? That kind of coin for a collection cup cleaner:eek:.

Does anybody in the club own one? If so I must applaud you on having one hell of a job that your expendable income is that awesome:D.

ummmmmmmm really????? That kind of coin for a collection cup cleaner:eek:.

Does anybody in the club own one? If so I must applaud you on having one hell of a job that your expendable income is that awesome:D.

Who said anything about expendable income? Ballz-ta-da-wall kidd!

This looks like it might be an easy DIY if you make it so that you manually twist it to clean the neck.

Edit: Just watch a video, didn't know it had a spray head. That might make it a little harder.

Why are this things crazy money, they don't look that complicated?

Last edited:
Would this interfere with the performance of the skimmer? If not I might try and make a DIY one with a small water pump that I would manually turn a few times to clean the neck.

Whats the worst that could happen I would have to buy a new top for my skimmer?

You can get little spray heads at garden shops that are not hard to diy into the cap of a skimmer cup. I did it in the past and it worked OK, but not as great as I had hoped.

I've seen them in Action at MACNA.. they are cool, and i'd bet they are fairly effective.. but i'd never consider it at the price.. If they were say 85 or 90% off then i might look into it =).

I was thinking maybe a 360° spray head (if I can find one) which would be stationary and just the squeegee would spin.

I have not done any research yet, and I am going to buy a new skimmer. So this project will wait until I do a little research and I buy the new skimmer. I will look into the Mist King nozzles, thanks

......i get the idea of the skim clean and while the riser tube (the tube in the collection cup) gets cleaned for better skimmer preformance, what cleans the skim-clean????? wouldnt crud just build up on the squeege, and air hose itself???????........after 6 months the thing would have sooo much crap on it that it would barely move.....and wouldnt having that obstruction in the tube hinder preformance anyways???

Back