Skimmer skimming too much?

grendel

Non-member
Remora ProC HOB.

it's literally sucking the water out of my tank, like a gallon every 3 hours or so.

Thoughts?

The water coming out is a bit on the dark side, but not the coffee I've heard it should be.

I have the drain tub hooked into a bucket.

Should I plug the tube?

Set up's been going since Sunday.

Its running too wet. Is there any way to raise the collection cup any higher? (I dont know a whole lot about the remora)

Thanks. I am not sure I can set it to run any drier ithout killing the pump :)

I called AquaC. They think it's running right and I should plumb the skim cup overflow back into the skimmer. Then empty the cup of the particularly heavy stuff.

The skimmer box the pump is not the collection cup

Can you raise the collection cup on the top of the skimmer it the box wit the rubber O ring around it.

if not you probably have something in your tank just driving the skimmer nuts.

Hey, grendel, not broken in yet?

What do you mean run dry? The height of the collection cup won't affect the pump. The collection cup has a thick rubber band around it. You have to take the collection cup out, lower the rubber band so that the collection cup sits up higher. Make sure it is sitting in the skimmer really highr, and leave it that way for a day or so. If you aren't getting anything in the collection cup, then lower it a little bit more every day. Once you start seeing dark, coffee-type consistancy, then it's running at the correct height and you'll probably never have to adjust it again. It may just take a few days to get it there.

- Skins

SkinnyPete said:
Hey, grendel, not broken in yet?

What do you mean run dry? The height of the collection cup won't affect the pump. The collection cup has a thick rubber band around it. You have to take the collection cup out, lower the rubber band so that the collection cup sits up higher. Make sure it is sitting in the skimmer really highr, and leave it that way for a day or so. If you aren't getting anything in the collection cup, then lower it a little bit more every day. Once you start seeing dark, coffee-type consistancy, then it's running at the correct height and you'll probably never have to adjust it again. It may just take a few days to get it there.

- Skins
It's up all the way...

Hehe:) well do as they said run it back to the tank its just going nuts something in the tank is triggering it.

Back