Splice Acro

GasGuzzler

BRS Member
So here is the same splice acro I got from Dong in a collage with the pics spaced 2 weeks apart. I guess we know which one will take over haha. Has anyone else noticed different growth rates with different colors in the same colony?
20230805_213538.jpg

It is the same coral with two tones, TSA has their own version as well, this acro will be always two tones. It is genetically as it is, not grafted, just like Jason Fox grafted cap, it is what it is, not a result of grafting.

By the way, the so called Rainbow Splice is not grafted either, I think it is time to clear this up.

I remember you saying that it was one acro, I was interested to see if anyone noticed that one shade grew faster than another. So it will continue to grow this way forever and never go to a single shade?

The neon green color is more effective in photosynthesis and this part will grow faster, but then part of the neon green will turn into light blue again. Over the decade I have this one, I have seen some of the colonies had one side green and one side blue, but also some of them have green in the middle and blue outside. Seems random but fascinating.

Back