SPS Eye Candies

Guys,
What happen to hot linking the image right on the thread so that people don't have to click on the link? Don't want to show my secret stash through the link. Might not be PG rated.

I just use photo bucket to link, but its an extra step and file size needs to be under 150kb to have the image attach directly to the page. I know thats also less than optimal too but the only way I am capable of getting pics up here.

Geeeee...I have to optimize my images to be less than 150KB now? I understand if I'm uploading to the site(BRS) and using their space, but there's a limit of image size hosting on other site now?

If it is over 150kb, then yes it gets re directed to another page as a "large image link". Im not too sure what affect that has on a high quality image (sorry, I'm just a cell pic guy) but I'd bet its not the best scenario. I don't think theres any way around the 150kb image cap regardless if its hosted by BRS or another source.

had this discussion on the brs members section. they claim it doesn't change the quality of the pic by reducing the size of the picture

Geeeee...I have to optimize my images to be less than 150KB now? I understand if I'm uploading to the site(BRS) and using their space, but there's a limit of image size hosting on other site now?
That system has been replaced so files size should not a be an issue anymore. There may be some adjustments made to the new system but your linked images will not be turned into links here forward.

Once people post images I can better judge how the system handles the linked images and we can go from there.

And yes you can post a fine image at 150kb's with zero compression, if you can't it is probably the quality of the original image not the resizing of it. Obviously if you are shooting with something like D3, D800, D600, 1Dx or the like it is a pain to shrink them that small but then again you're posting this stuff to the internet why are you shooting 24-36mp files.

Last edited:
That system has been replaced so files size should not a be an issue anymore. There may be some adjustments made to the new system but your linked images will not be turned into links here forward.

Once people post images I can better judge how the system handles the linked images and we can go from there.

And yes you can post a fine image at 150kb's with zero compression, if you can't it is probably the quality of the original image not the resizing of it. Obviously if you are shooting with something like D3, D800, D600, 1Dx or the like it is a pain to shrink them that small but then again you're posting this stuff to the internet why are you shooting 24-36mp files.

Greg,
You should already know that I don't have a problem with optimizing the file to comply with the size limit and still keep decent quality of the picture. :D
However, I'm not going to optimizing all my images and reload them to my site so that one forum can see them while many others are fine with their original file size. I just don't understand why someone would cap the picture file size hosting on other site that are showing on their site. It's okay to have a limit on the dimension on the picture but file size? I can give you an image of 4000 horizontal pixel that has a file size of less than 100KB that will screw everyone's browser Or I can give you an image of 800 horizontal pixel that has a file size of 500KB and most people will not even notice(assuming everyone is on broadband internet connection). Anyway, resizing and optimizing an image is another topic for debate and probably beyond the scope of this thread.
Thanks for getting the software fixed. Appreciate it.

Last edited:
Back