Sps problem?

gzr918

Non-member
Can someone with more sps experience tell me what it happening to my little porites? It looks like two brown growths on the tips. I just received it last week and it arrived in poor condition. I don't have any pests and didn't drop it or anything.

Attachments

• IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 166
Need more information about the tank, light, flows and parameters before people can help you

It does look like dead tissue and the brown spot is algae growing on it, maybe it got stung my another coral near by.

The brown tips are just algae growing on the already dead tissue(now skeleton) of the coral.
If the coral arrived damaged and the tips were already exposed its skeleton, this will cause the algae to grow. I rather see this algae growing on the tips than the skeleton of the coral. This shows that the corals is healthy enough to stop the tissue necrosis and is in the healing stage. If condition is right, the corals will grow over the algae.

Ok that's what I was hoping. Got concerned that maybe it was brown jelly and didn't want it to spread. All my other corals and sps are doing well. Hoping time will help then! Thanks

Those sea dead spots that caused by old damage. The coral looks fine. Where did you order it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got it thru a package sale on live aquaria. Most of the coral I get from them comes in a poor state, idk if from shipping or the facilities but they make a come back in a few weeks.

Shipping stress is a big factor for SPS coral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back