SRO 5000 inbound

reefstarter

Non-member
after over a year running my DIY skimmer set up I finnally pulled the trigger on one . While my DIY skimmer works it is very difficult to dial in and keep there . probably due to running it off my return pump causing fluctuations in water in put . But last week was the final straw and I lost 100 gallons on to the floor due to an overflowing skimmer . I know even these skimmers can overflow thats why I got a waste collection chamber with auto shut off . I am a bit dissapointed it won't be here till monday seeing I ordered it at 2 AM thursday and paid for overnight shipping . guess they don't do saturdays

I looked at the Skimz Monster 253 as well as a few others . The Skimz is a nice skimmer but after reading up found that they had issues with cords breaking and I still see a lot of DC motors failing . Deltec is just too expensive , vertex same . BK yeah mortgage anyone ? lolall in all I thing Reef octopus make a good skimmer at a reasonable price

Wow! How many gallons does your system have? SRO5000. Did you get internal/external?

Back