SS bone cutters?

Thank you guys .. here i am using the search engine and finding 100-300 dollar ones thinking no way
Mike and Laim, I am assuming you have used these are they OK and do you need to sharpen ?

skyedolphan said:
Thank you guys .. here i am using the search engine and finding 100-300 dollar ones thinking no way
Mike and Laim, I am assuming you have used these are they OK and do you need to sharpen ?

I have been using mine for a month or two,seem fine :)

I haven't used them. I got a pair of cheap clippers from Joe V. that have never rusted. I use those.

bec has the bone cutters, I'm sure when she sees this thread she'll add her experiences using them.

They're great Dawn. I've had mine (two different sizes) for about 18 months now (?). Same ones they sell at mareinedepot.com and drsfostersmith.com.

I heard about them on RC about two years ago and tracked down the company... which is drinstruments.com. Told the guy he should sell to the reef supply places that advertise in the banners on RC cause there was an untapped market. Next thing you know... those places were carrying his cutters. I never got a kick-back :(... but the cutters are still sharp!

The drinstruments.com site has the cutters in several sizes, plus a multitude of other tools that are useful in our hobby... and it's no more expensive to order direct.

Hope that helps.

b

I got mine (both sizes) from Premium Aquatics about the same time as Bec. Both sizes have worked fine for me.

Back