• Kept alive more than 2 years

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Kept alive more than 2 years and propagated successfully

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never tried

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm impressed that someone kept one for more than two years. Whoever it was....was there some secret? Where did you get it? How did you mount it? What did you feed it if anything?

No idea why they lived so long but I would move them around wedge them in the rocks. To tell you the truth they wouldn't die, I even tried to get rid of them. At the time no one wanted them.
But my tank is full of sponges, enough so it has become a problem.

I do not run any chemicals, carbon, ozone, phosphate removers, just the absolute basics. Skimmer,CA reactor, LR, Fuge, sand and flow.

Maybe I should give a few new ones a try.

Greg - I had a bright orange branching sponge for a little over 2 years. I didn't feed it anything special. I only lost it because I transferred it to a smaller, not very well established tank. It was already mounted on a piece of rock so I just put the rock in the sand at the bottom of my tank.

Daire

I had an orange tree sponge for little over a year; during that time it grew considerably (although it seemed to be mostly thickening its branches). I regularly fed it with DTs, and I switched off all water movement for a half an hour. Little transparent tubes would poke their way out of the sponge's body for much of feeding time and beyond. I lost the sponge in a tank move. It was pretty hardy...surviving two occasions of being completely buried in sand by my engineer gobies.

Back