sump/fuge ?

Chris L

Nano reefing
BRS Member
does anyone have plans or something that would help me make a sump/fuge out of a 10 or 20 gallon tank? what i would need for plumbing , how to set up the walls etc.

thanks chris

Hi Chris,

Try searching for sump or fuge or sump/fuge in the DIY forum. You should find some examples there. You're also welcome to stop by and take a look at mine. I had very limited space in my stand, so I'm using a 15g tank with about 1/3 of it as a fuge on the right, a drain and skimmer section on the left, and a return pump section in the middle. There are three baffles between the skimmer and return to trap bubbles.

I'd be happy to talk about your design with you and share ideas.

What equipment do you hope to fit in the sump? How are you draining water from the display?

nate at the moment i dont have anything with plumbing set up. so i have no idea were to begin. i am currently using a hob filter and a hob skimmer. but i want to neaten things up and have all that stuss under the tank. i would like to keep it all in 1 unit if possible but again i have no experience with larger setups.

chris

What size tank do you have? I have friend with a 29g aga tank turned into a sump already would that fit bet he would sell it for $25.00 he doesn't need it any more It actually look good.Baffles are in place already. Dimms are 30L x 12w x 18H

bigcrowd42 that sounds great please send pm with contact info and ill see what we can do

thanks chris

Back