T5 bulb combo recommendation

tommy6905

Non-member
I recently acquired a 6 bulb t5 fixture with ati bulbs for my 40 breeder. It's a mixed reef. Current bulbs
4 blue plus
1 aquablue special
1 purple plus

Was thinking of this combo
3 blue plus
2 true actinic
1 purple plus or maybe coral plus

Think the aquablue special is bit to yellow for my taste. Let me know your opinion or recommendation, thanks. I want the best color spectrum and growth of course

I have a six bulb (24") ati fixture and have played around with a bunch of different bulb combinations. Ultimately, I settled on the following, and really like the results. Caveat though, I do also have a reefbrite blue led fixture on the front for a little more pop (but looks great with it off too).

1. Blue+
2. Actinic
3. Korallen-zucht Z 10k
4. Blue+
5. Purple +
6. Coral +

Expirement until you find something you like, and definitely keep a log of when you change bulbs. Whenever I start getting slow growth or algae, I find I am usually overdue for a bulb change (about every 9 mos.). However, I usually try to just change two at a time to avoid drastic changes to lighting (your corals will tell).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have a six bulb (24") ati fixture and have played around with a bunch of different bulb combinations. Ultimately, I settled on the following, and really like the results. Caveat though, I do also have a reefbrite blue led fixture on the front for a little more pop (but looks great with it off too).

1. Blue+
2. Actinic
3. Korallen-zucht Z 10k
4. Blue+
5. Purple +
6. Coral +

Expirement until you find something you like, and definitely keep a log of when you change bulbs. Whenever I start getting slow growth or algae, I find I am usually overdue for a bulb change (about every 9 mos.). However, I usually try to just change two at a time to avoid drastic changes to lighting (your corals will tell).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks josh, appreciate the input. I'm going to order a few different bulbs and mess around with them like u recommended

Back