Tank drilling bit

badlands25

Non-member
Does anyone have a bit that I could use? I need to drill 2 holes in a plexiglass fuge that I am repurposing into an Algae Turf Scrubber. Also need to drill a 40 b. If no one has one where could I buy one locally without getting raked over the coals? Thanks. Chris

Nope, you'd ruin the bit.

Regular holesaws for wood work on plexi. Just need to run water on it to keep it cool, or go a very little at a time with cool down times in between. You can go through in one shot without water, but the material will melt some leaving a slightly messy hole, unnecessary stress to the material, and a bit with melted plastic stuck to it. Also, if at all possible go in from both sides. That way it comes through cleaner. (remember, this is a regular wood holesaw with the pilot drill in the center so it's super easy to line it up from both sides)

Does anyone have a bit that I could use? I need to drill 2 holes in a plexiglass fuge that I am repurposing into an Algae Turf Scrubber. Also need to drill a 40 b. If no one has one where could I buy one locally without getting raked over the coals? Thanks. Chris

What size holes?

I Run hole saws in reverse when cutting through plastic. so it doesnt catch and break the plastic. And plenty of water. :D

yep to last post , also use a fine toothed hole saw . wood ones tend to be a bit too aggressive for plastic and def will jump on you either cracking or severely scratching the area around the hole . go very slow and apply firm pressure to the bit but not to much let the bit do the cutting not your arm

Back